A few weeks ago I was out with my friends for a short picnic, but the picnic turned into a bad experience for me when I got sunburns due to the excessive heat. Due to the sunburns my facial skin became very inflammatory. With the increase in the temperatures, cases like mine are becoming excessively common.
Even though sunburn was a very painful experience for me, I was wary of trying any antibiotics because of there side effects on the skin(I don't like doctors.LOL) and that was when i turned to home remedies for curing my sun burns. But I didn't knew any home remedies for sunburn either. Upon searching on the internet i found out that there were many books on home remedies for sun burn, but most of them were crap. Some were even charging hefty amounts. Needless to say i got bitten by some of them. That is why i created this page, so that no one else gets bitten like me because when you are desperate for a cure, you and I will believe anything. i have listed below a couple of books which i found useful as well as a couple of books to avoid as they are scams:
Books that I found useful:
Home remedies for Sunburn
Scam/useless books:
Removed due to legal implications.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When the burns start to heal, you can rub the liquid of vitamin E capsule to soothe the irritated skin. It would also prevent it from scarring.
ReplyDeleteApply honey over the burns once it is cooled by running water or ice cubes.
Betel leaves absorbs heat which helps in the healing process. Crush betel leaves along with sugar to be applied on the burnt area.
To stop the burning sensation use cold water and vinegar compress till the pain subsides later apply potato slices. This would really work well on first degree burns.
You can apply toothpaste (any kind, except gel) on the burns. This kept overnight can give relief to the burns.
To remove scars spread egg white over the burnt area. Once the egg hardens roll it off. If need be continue it once more.
http://firstaid.edublogs.org/2009/11/20/home-remedies-for-burns-2/